Business Development Manager – South Wales
Negotiable depending on experience
Posted: 20 Oct
Williams Shipping are developing their operations in South Wales, and as such, are looking for a Business Development Manager that will have a passion for growing the business in this area.
The company, a family run marine & logistics business founded in 1894, has built their reputation on always providing quality service and going the extra mile to satisfy their customers’ needs. They require a passionate, personable & energetic business development manager with experience in the marine services industry. Your natural sales ability, powerful communication skills and sound knowledge of the marine and logistics industries will ensure you can develop the range of services across the Williams Shipping group in the South Wales area. You will be helping to maximise sales and share in the company’s passion to deliver exceptional customer service.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Research prospective customers in targeted markets, pursue leads and follow through to a successful agreement
- Understand the target markets, including industry, company, project, company contacts, and which market strategies to be used to attract new customers
- Collaborate with marketing and sales teams to ensure requirements are met
- Maintain relationships with existing customers and identify new prospects with the area
- Possess a strong understanding of the company’s range of services, competition & positioning within the industry
- Follow the latest industry developments
Qualifications & Skills:
- Superior presentation and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Technical skills required to understand and propose services, products or solutions by focusing on customer’s requirements
- Excellent organisational skills, with emphasis on priorities and goal setting
- Proven experience in the marine/logistics industry
- Ability to communicate information, whether technical or non-technical to staff members and customers in a clear and concise manner
- Strong IT skills
This can be flexible, although it must be in South Wales. On occasion, you will be required to work from the company’s Pembroke Dock office,
Negotiable, depending on experience.
Additional benefits include company car and enrolment onto the company’s profit share after 24 months service
Please send a cover letter setting out why you would be suitable for this role, along with a copy of your CV, to firstname.lastname@example.org