Cargo Handling Operative
Negotiable depending on experience
Posted: 10 Aug
We are a family owned and managed marine & logistics business operating since 1894. Our cargo handling service is growing and we are now looking for an additional cargo handler to join our busy team in Southampton. Our cargo yard is located next to Western docks, and handles all sorts of different types of cargo, from smaller items which need to be consolidated into loads or shipping containers, to large abnormal items requiring an individual approach. With a range of on-site heavy lifting equipment and specialist lashing systems, our team can cope with any unique demands of outsized cargo. Our experience is in handling cargo for both road and sea transportation, both of which have very different requirements.
The role includes:
- Loading flat racks and containers
- Container devanning
- Lashing cargo
- Operating heavy lifting equipment
- General forklifting duties
- General yard and warehouse duties
- Ability to learn new tasks quickly – regular training will be provided
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Experience with lashing different types of cargo would be advantageous but not essential
- Experience of operating heavy lifting equipment would be beneficial
SOUTHAMPTON – you will normally work at our Millbrook site but you may be required to work at other sites on occasions.
Good salary and conditions apply.
Please send your covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, or fill in the form below.