Class 1 Hiab Driver
Negotiable depending on experience
Posted: 23 Mar
We are a specialist transport company looking for a Class 1 Hiab Driver to join us. It’s your chance to enjoy great rewards and be part of a fantastic team delivering various equipment across the UK.
What you’ll get up to as a Class 1 Hiab Driver:
- You will deliver across the country.
- You will carry a wide variety of loads – mechanical equipment, plant, containers, boats, and general cargo – no two days will be the same.
- You’ll make safety your number one priority, adhere to road and tachograph regulations, be professional and friendly with customers.
- You’ll be based out of our head office in Millbrook, Southampton, which has great road links as well as onsite parking, cycling and welfare facilities.
- We operate a high quality fleet of regular and specialist equipment. Modern and well-maintained, they offer the latest in driver safety and comfort.
What we look for in our Hiab Drivers
- A valid Class 1 HGV licence & CPC
- Hiab experience is desirable, but we will accept applications from drivers that have a desire to learn, and we will put them through the qualification
- Ready to take the initiative and work as part of a team
- A passion for delivering excellent customer service
Williams Shipping is a diverse, family run marine and logistics business, established in 1894. Based in Southampton, but with offices in Pembroke and Aberdeen, we pride ourselves in always providing a first class service to our customers and working to the mantra of “where there’s a will, there’s a way.” We work for a broad range of customers in industries including shipping, marine, energy, defence and construction. Our logistics team operates across the UK and northern Europe.
What we offer our Hiab Drivers
- Good salary range, subject to experience
- Salary is based on average 50 hours per week. You will mainly be working Monday to Friday. Some weekend working is required. Additional hours are paid at your hourly rate
- Weekend working is normally worked on a rota basis (we pay weekend bonuses)
- Some nights out are required (we pay a very competitive night out rate)
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Company events
- Most importantly an excellent working environment with the opportunity to progress
Please send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org