MARINE LUBRICANTS TECHNICAL/BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
Negotiable depending on experience
Posted: 19 May
Williams Shipping has been operating since 1894 and we are marine specialists. Our lubricants team has many years’ experience in marine engineering and provide expert advice and assistance in selecting the right lubricants for our customers. We employ fully trained drivers who have been conducting bulk marine lubricant deliveries in the UK and Ireland ports in excess of 30 years. We offer industry leading service and technical assistance with the ability to supply lubricants to vessels around the UK and Europe.
Role & Responsibilities:
– Approach UK based target clients to promote sales of marine lubricants and associated services.
– Retain and enhance business with existing customers.
– Provide customers with technical support, using own knowledge and using support provided by suppliers.
– Develop professional relationship with principal suppliers to ensure full commercial and technical support.
– Identify market opportunities, prospecting potential clients and arranging meetings with their key decision makers.
– Conduct technical-sales presentations to target customers and seize opportunities for offering company’s full range of marine and logistics services.
– Gather information to evaluate prospects requirements including:
• application technical information
• challenges facing the prospective customer
• current supplier
Offer technical recommendations to end user customers on:
• Application and interpretation of used oil analysis results.
– Support customer newbuild programmes with site visits and offering technical support.
– Close sales deals successfully through effective negotiation and follow up.
– Conduct regular solo visits and combined visits with Directors/Operations Manager/Customer
– Provide up-to-date market information such as competition information (products, prices, services, new technology), new business opportunities, threats to existing company’s business
– Liaise with other company functional departments to ensure flawless customer service, order processing and execution that leads to optimum customer satisfaction.
Minimum 5 Years’ experience in a Marine related Industry or Industrial Sales, Lubricants, Petrochemical, in a technical capacity.
• Superior presentation and communication skills, both written and verbal
• Technical skills required to understand and propose services, products or solutions by focusing on customer’s requirements
• Excellent organisational skills, with emphasis on priorities and goal setting
• Ability to communicate information, whether technical or non-technical to staff members and customers in a clear and concise manner
• Strong IT skills
HND/BA/BSc. in Marine/Mechanical Engineering, Science or DOT Class 1 Certificate of Competency
or equivalent qualifications proving technical capability.
Product specific training will be provided where necessary.
Role may be based at our Southampton head office or home based anywhere in UK. Company car, laptop and mobile telephone will be offered for full flexibility. Regular travel within UK to all ports will be required. Occasional travel into Europe.
Excellent terms offered.
Applications to Victoria Williams at: