Negotiable depending on experience
Posted: 06 Jul
An opportunity has arisen for a Transport Planner to join the logistics team at our Millbrook head office site.
Established in 1894, Williams Shipping is a family-run marine and logistics business. With over 120 employees working in 5 different sites, the company has grown enormously since it’s early days. The logistics arm of the business specialises in transporting abnormal, out of gauge & heavy loads, operating across the UK and into Europe.
Working within a small team, you will be planning for a fleet of 20 vehicles, ensuring a consistent high quality service and working to our mantra of “where there’s a will, there’s a way”
Transport Planner Responsibilities:
- Reporting to the Transport Manager.
- Utilising the transport management software to ensure that the scheduling of vehicles is carried out effectively and efficiently to achieve the optimum transport plan.
- Plan to ensure that customer service criteria requirements are met at all times.
- Ensure that the plan is clearly communicated to all necessary parties and maintain regular contact with both internal and external customers.
- Liaise closely with the Warehouse and Cargo team to achieve the most effective plan.
- Experience of working in or alongside a Transport Planning Team
- Experience within a logistics working environment
- Able to work under pressure in a time critical environment
- Ability to communicate at all levels with both internal and external customers.
- Analytical skills.
- Computer literate including Microsoft Office
- Good geographical knowledge.
- Reliable, enthusiastic and flexible in approach.
- Experience of the shipping industry and VBS system would be advantageous
- Working knowledge of TMS systems and warehouse management systems would be advantageous although full training will be given.
- Valid UK License