Warehouse and Facilities Supervisor
Negotiable depending on experience
Posted: 04 Feb
Williams Shipping operates a busy logistics business from its strategically positioned site by the docks in Southampton. With 20 trucks and trailers based here, the company’s growing cargo handling operations and a recent increase in storage capacity, Williams Shipping are now looking for a dedicated, organised and effective warehouse and facilities supervisor.
Williams Shipping is a marine and logistics business, founded in 1894. They provide specialist marine and logistics services to the construction, engineering, defence, renewable energy and shipping industries.
Role & Responsibilities:
• Lead forklift operator in cargo warehouse.
• Supervision of additional operators on occasion when larger volumes of cargo are being taken in or dispatched.
• Managing all storage, both inside and outside, of general cargo on site, ensuring every piece of cargo is logged, labelled and stored in the correct location.
• Overseeing all parking, ensuring vehicles are in correct positions and all pedestrian accessways are clear.
• Ensuring the site is in good order, making basic repairs and maintenance or bringing in contractors as required (with support from senior managers)
• Supervision of all site projects such as resurfacing, line painting or building works.
• Working closely with the Safety Manager in monitoring site safety and actioning safety protocols as required.
• Yard tidiness
Qualifications & Skills:
• Organised and tidy
• Ability to supervise others when required
• Ability to work as part of a team, and effectively communicate with colleagues and management team
• Ability to take responsibility and complete tasks
• Basic IT skills (e.g. entering stock onto system / e-mailing contractors)
• Counter Balance Forklift
• Site safety qualification would be advantageous